All FUMC Connect submissions should be emailed to email@example.com
This Sunday, January 6, 2019, is Strategic Team Commitment Sunday
When examining our church and community from the scriptural idea that we are children of God, then the African proverb: it takes a village to raise a child is apropos. On Sunday, January 6, 2019. we will unite under the common themes within FUMC’s strategic plan in order to grow, spiritually, our church and community. Click here to view the team descriptions. The new strategic teams are:
- Fun Team
- Kitchen/Hospitality Team
- Outreach Team
- Nurturing Team
- Social Justice Team
- Welcome Team
- Worship, Music, and Arts Team
By itself, these teams only provide a little towards the community and church’s overall spiritual growth. However, when these teams are linked, build on each other, and create entry and exit pathways for church and community members to get involved, then a beautiful mosaic of church life is developed.
The result: FUMC is a place where people want to be
These teams are just words in an e-mail without you bringing life, creativity, and faithfulness to them; growing them into vital and productive teams. Beginning 2019, please consider committing to a team.
whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. ~ 2 Corinthians 9:6 (NIV)
Please discern your role in implementing our Strategic Plan (3 options):
- Lead a team
- Serve on a team
- Make yourself available to help with a project when called upon by a team, but not be an official member of the team?
Click here to view the team descriptions, and click here fill out your commitment card electronically. Or pick up a green commitment card in church – placed in various locations around the church.
It will take all of us to sow generously seeds of prayers, time, witness, and finances for FUMC to reach these ambitious but achievable goals in our strategic plan.
We appreciate your dedication to our church!
~ Strategic Planning Team: Dean, Elaine, Joann, Kirk, Kylie, Marcee, Rodney, and William
Current Sermon Series & Mission Project
January: From Expectations to Reality.
Collecting Diapers in January: United Methodist churches throughout New Jersey recently partnered to collect more than 87,000 diapers (goal was 10,000) for low-income families with infants in the capital city. In New Jersey, one in three mothers struggle to provide enough diapers for her children. The diapers will be distributed at community birthday parties in 2019. The parties will celebrate one year olds and their families. Every child in diapers who attends will receive diapers. These ‘First Birthday Parties’ will be sponsored by the Maker’s Place, a new United Methodist initiative in Trenton, in partnership with the Children’s Home Society of New Jersey, along with other congregations and community partners. While celebrating important milestones for children, the parties will also provide resources to reduce Trenton’s high infant mortality rate. The first party will be on March 2, 2019, at Turning Point United Methodist Church, located at 15 South Broad Street, Trenton.
Upcoming Worship Series
February: Love in Action
- Adult Faith Development
Join us Sunday mornings in January at 9 am in the Fellowship Room where we will go deeper into practical ways of being a welcoming and hospitable congregation. Come learn how to create a more just world where everyone can thrive. See you there.
- Jan. 4th – What is Culture? A guided conversation regarding your personal culture and our congregational culture.
- Jan. 13th – A deeper look into creating a welcoming culture
- Jan. 20th – Dean Pratt – Understanding Other Faiths – A look at Judaism & Islam
- Jan. 27th – Special guest: Rev Dr Amy Jones – Family Promise.
- Can you help this SUNDAY after worship? We would like to undecorate the Sanctuary immediately after Church THIS SUNDAY, January 6th. Volunteers are asked to stay and help take down decorations. It should take less than an hour if we get enough folks to help.
- Youth News. YOUTH GROUP IS BACK! Join us in the Loft this Sunday from 5:30-7:30 PM for our New Year’s Kickoff Party! Please bring $3 for dinner.
For our summer mission trip, we will be serving with The Philadelphia Project June 23rd-29th! Click here to view the notes from our first meeting, and please contact Kylie Haskins at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the trip or are interested in signing up!
Mark Your Calendar
- FUMC trip to a NJ Devils game! Come join us on February 9th @1PM as the NJ Devils play the Minnesota Wild at the Prudential Center! Tickets are $50 each. Contact Lauren Kolaya after services or via email/phone. email@example.com or 908-962-0186 (feel free to text!). Tickets will be on sale until January 13th.
Members and Friends
Members & Friends is intended to communicate particular requests or needs of FUMC members or FUMC friends (e.g. transportation needs for medical appointments, worship, etc., wheelchair available for donation, need for a live-in caregiver, etc.). These postings should be concise and list a contact person. Please contact the church office 908-233-4211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org about your listing.