All FUMC Connect submissions should be emailed to email@example.com
- Trustees UPDATE. The Board of Trustees is providing information on some major ongoing and planned projects at the church facility and parsonage to keep the congregation apprised of important activities. Please click here to view the attachment with this information.
- Garden Work Days! Spring garden preparations continue THIS Saturday morning—April 28—from 9:00 to Noon at FUMC. Sprucing up the gardens, planting, and transplanting are necessary to maximize our beautiful spaces. Come and pick up tips for vegetables and flowers in your own home as well as contribute to growing fresh produce for the Westfield Food Pantry. Bring gloves and a smile. For more info: Dan at 908-967-9144.
- Youth Group News. This Sunday at Youth Group is Ultimate Frisbee Night! We hope you’ll join us in the Loft from 5:30-7:30 PM! Make sure you wear clothes you can play in, and please bring a canned food donation.
Instead of doing a 30 Hour Famine, we will be doing a one day, 13 Hour Famine event! We will begin fasting on our own at 7:30 in the morning this Friday, April 27th (so make sure you eat a hearty breakfast!). We will have a couple of learning activities and a service project starting at 6 PM, but all youth are invited to come hang out in the Loft any time after school ends on Friday. We will then break our fast with a feast at Vicki’s Diner at 8:30 PM! We should be back to the church by 9:30, and pickup will be by 10 PM. We hope you’ll join us!
- Westfield Food Pantry.
Thanks to all of you who continue to bring much-needed items for the Westfield Food Pantry, especially those who brought the items listed in last week’s communications. Your contributions were delivered to the food pantry and already provided to the clients.
There is an urgent need for the following:
- Bar soap
- Body wash
- Grocery Gift Card Sale Every Sunday. You can help the church raise money simply by using grocery gift cards to buy your groceries. We have ShopRite cards and Stop & Shop cards in $50 and $25 denominations and Panera Cards in $10 denominations. We accept cash and checks made payable to FUMC.
- Open Altar Flower dates. The 2018 Flower Chart is posted on the wall outside the church office. You are invited to sponsor flower arrangements ($45 per week) for our worship services each Sunday morning. Please sign up, then take an envelope for your payment and to indicate what reading you’d like to appear in the bulletin. Thank you for providing these beautiful tributes for our services. You may take the flowers home, or leave them to be delivered to our homebound members. Upcoming open dates: May 20 & 27, June 17. July 1 & 8
Mark Your Calendar
- VBS Volunteers. We are in the process of recruiting volunteer adults and youth to help lead VBS the week of July 9th-12th – so if you have the time and the interest in helping with this wonderful summer faith and fellowship program, then contact Marcee Rogers (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on how you can serve.
In addition to helping out during the camp week, volunteers are needed before and after to fill a variety of roles from planning, promoting, decorating and materials preparation to cleaning up, closing up, program evaluation and completing delivery of mission collections.
- Vacation Bible School Registration. Join us July 9th – 12th for the Summer 2018 Vacation Bible School camp in the Peace Lab – where we will discover God’s way of peace! Registration will open on May 1st, with forms available in the church office and via email distribution. Cost for the camp is $35 per child, with a family maximum of $100. The program is designed for children entering Kindergarten through 5th grade, but note, if we have families with PreK children interested in attending, we can make some adaptations to include children as young as 4.
- Midweek Worship. Once a month, on the THIRD Wednesday, we gather in the Fellowship Room at 6:30 PM for Midweek Worship. It is a less formal and shorter service than our traditional Sunday worship and is designed for individuals and families who can gather to reconnect midweek. Mark them on your calendar and join us on May 16, and June 20.
- Noontimers will next meet on Friday May 18, 2018 from 12-2 in the Fellowship Room. Our program will be a “Cross Generation Encounter.” The fourth grade classes of Holy Trinity School in Westfield will join us for lunch and program time. We’ll play games to learn more about each other. Laura Gribbin from FUMC is one of Holy Trinity’s fourth grade teachers who will help guide our program. Bring a friend and a bag lunch; coffee, tea, and dessert will be provided.
5. First Friday Family Fellowship. Mark your calendars and plan to join us in the Fellowship Room on June 1st at 6:30pm to meet with old friends and make new ones as we share a variety of summer faith development activity ideas. Bring an item for the pot luck dinner and contactMarcee Rogers for questions and to RSVP.
Members and Friends
- Like us on FACEBOOK! Please LIKE our Facebook page – FUMC Westfield! Look and see some wonderful pictures of The Pumpkin Patch, the FUMC vegetable garden, worship services and more.
Members & Friends is intended to communicate particular requests or needs of FUMC members or FUMC friends (e.g. transportation needs for medical appointments, worship, etc., wheelchair available for donation, need for a live-in caregiver, etc.). These postings should be concise and list a contact person. Please contact the church office 908-233-4211 or email email@example.com about your listing.