- Holy Week Calendar
- Maundy Thursday, March 29, 2018 – Service 7:30 PM
- Good Friday, March 30, 2018 – Service, 7:30 PM
- Easter Sunday, April 1, 2018
6:30 AM Sunrise Service on the Front Lawn
9:00 AM Easter Brunch in the Fellowship Room
10:00 AM Morning Celebration in the Sanctuary
- Our Sympathy goes to the family and friends of Jennie Conroy who died on Thursday, March 22, 2018.
A Memorial Service will be held at Memorial Funeral Home, 155 South Avenue, Fanwood, NJ on Saturday, March 31, 2018 at 11:30 AM. Cards or notes of condolence may be sent to her sister, Martha Miller, at 420 River Road, Apt. G10, Chatham, NJ 07828. In lieu of flowers, contributions to Westfield FUMC can be made in Jennie’s memory.
- Adult Faith Development
There is no Sunday School on Easter. Please join us for the Easter Brunch in the Fellowship Room from 9 AM – 9:45 AM!
Our Spring Bible study will begin on Sunday, April 8th at 9:00 am in the Fellowship Room. Focusing on the lectionary readings, we will explore and discuss selected scripture passages. Contact Rev. Su Iliff with questions.
- Easter Brunch Help Needed! Nancy Anderson will be managing the Easter Brunch on April 1st at 9:00 am. Help is needed in setting up, cleaning up, and food provisions. She is in primary need of: Breakfast casseroles, pastries and/or coffee cakes, mini-bagels (sliced), and fruit. If you can be of assistance in any of these categories (including setting- and cleaning-up), please let her know as soon as possible. She is at 908-233-0159, 908-403-2855,email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Whatever you can do would be much appreciated.
- Youth Group News. There is no Youth Group this Sunday! Have a wonderful Easter with your families, and we’ll see you again on Sunday, April 8th!
The Youth Group will be going to see Ready Player One at the Rialto Theater in Westfield in the evening on Friday, April 6th! (Exact time TBA). Cost for tickets is $7. Contact Kylie Haskins at email@example.com by Wednesday, April 4th to sign up!
At Youth Group we’ve been going through a video series of topics related to Lent, and they’re available to view on our YouTube channel! We invite you to check them out here and talk about them with your families!
- Altar flowers. The 2018 Flower Chart is posted on the wall outside the church office. You are invited to sponsor flower arrangements ($45 per week) for our worship services each Sunday morning. Please sign up, then take an envelope for your payment and to indicate what reading you’d like to appear in the bulletin. Thank you for providing these beautiful tributes for our services. You may take the flowers home, or leave them to be delivered to our homebound members. Upcoming open dates: April 22, May 13, 20 & 27.
- Westfield Food Pantry.
Thanks to all of you who continue to bring much-needed items for the Westfield Food Pantry, especially those who brought the items listed in last week’s communications. Your contributions were delivered to the food pantry and already provided to the clients.
There is an urgent need for the following:
- Bar soap
- Body wash
- Grocery Gift Card Sale Every Sunday. You can help the church raise money simply by using grocery gift cards to buy your groceries. We have ShopRite cards and Stop & Shop cards in $50 and $25 denominations and Panera Cards in $10 denominations. We accept cash and checks made payable to FUMC.
Mark Your Calendar
- SAVE THE DATES – Family Promise. We will provide shelter, food and hospitality to families served by Family Promise of Union County the week of April 8-15, 2018.
Items still needed:
- We still need dessert and salad for Sunday, April 8th.
- We are hoping to get Pizza for Saturday night (April 14). If you have any connections to a favorite pizza parlor please call Sue Gandy (We are hoping for perhaps a discount or donated pizza).
If you can help with either of these, please contact Susan Gandy at 908-233-2389.
- Special Charge Conference. There will be a Special Charge Conference at 7:30 PM on Monday, April 16, 2018. The sole purpose of this charge conference is to set the compensation for our incoming pastor, Rev. William Williams, III.
- Midweek Worship. Once a month, on the THIRD Wednesday, we gather in the Fellowship Room at 6:30 PM for Midweek Worship. It is a less formal and shorter service than our traditional Sunday worship and is designed for individuals and families who can gather to reconnect midweek. Mark them on your calendar and join us on April 18, May 16, and June 20.
- FUMC scholarships are available for persons continuing their education beyond high school. Scholarships are based on service activities and participation in FUMC worship, education, or youth programs. Applications are now available in the church office and must be submitted byApril 22nd in person (at the church) or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Scholarships will be presented during worship on Sunday, May 20th.
- Noontimers will next meet on Friday, April 20, 2018 from 12-2 in the Fellowship Room. Our program will be about Guide Dogs. A presenter from “The Seeing Eye” will bring a dog and share specifics of the history and work of this world famous guide dog organization for the blind in nearby Morristown. Bring a friend and a bag lunch; coffee, tea, and dessert will be provided.
- Books and Beyond – April 22, 2018. Please join us for Books and Beyond on April 22nd from 7:00 – 8:30 PM. We will be discussing Mudbound by Hillary Jordan which is available as both a book and a movie (Netflix).
Members and Friends
- Like us on FACEBOOK! Please LIKE our Facebook page – FUMC Westfield! Look and see some wonderful pictures of The Pumpkin Patch, the FUMC vegetable garden, worship services and more.
Members & Friends is intended to communicate particular requests or needs of FUMC members or FUMC friends (e.g. transportation needs for medical appointments, worship, etc., wheelchair available for donation, need for a live-in caregiver, etc.). These postings should be concise and list a contact person. Please contact the church office 908-233-4211 or email Susan Granski email@example.com about your listing.